Well! Another year has come and gone. I haven't updated since my post after the last New Year check in. That's honestly because 2016 has been horrid and I really didn't want to give it too much added attention.
Let's hope things change this year!
A brief update from 2016:
- The Visanne continued to work, for the most part, for several months.
- The headaches eventually went away,
- Around March the pain started getting unbearable again.
- Tax season was very hard on me between my pain levels, trying to work, and dealing with my boss.
- By the end of May I couldn't take it any longer.
- June 1st my boss and I agreed for me to go on sick leave until after surgery and recovery.
- Original surgery was scheduled for June 21st but was delayed to July 12th due to operating room scheduling issues.
- July 12th surgery was completed. It was a long surgery, but the Dr. Grace Lui was confident. Uterus was removed to cure adenomyosis and endometriosis was found and excised. Bladder was connected to uterus and was detached. A great deal of scar tissue and adhesions were found and removed.
- I took the full 8 weeks to recover. It was a long process, but I didn't want to do anything to risk recovery.
- Upon attempting to return to work my boss tried to lay me off.
- After discussions with a layer and my boss I was able to return to work,
- Due to the instability of my job (that I had worked at for 10 years) I began searching for a new job.
- On November 15th finally had a new roof put on our house and garage.
- On November 22nd I accepted a new job that I believe will be much more suitable and satisfying.
- On November 23rd I gave my boss 1 month's notice.
- On December 5th my Callistos was diagnosed with degenerative myelopathy. Heartbroken.
- On December 7th our furnace died.
- On December 8th we had to have a brand new furnace installed.
- On December 23rd I worked my last day. We had lunch at the CN tower as part of our Christmas / Farewell lunch.
Some goals for 2017:
- Pour myself into my new job.
- Refocus on my education now that I have a job where I can actually use it.
- Refocus on my health and weight now that I don't have this chronic illness wearing me down.
- Refocus on cleaning and decluttering the home now that my illness is not dictating how to prioritize my life.
- By less new yarn and use more stash yarn.
- Complete more WIPs instead of starting new projects.
- More detailed crafting goals will be on the craft blog.
- Update the blogs more!
Let's have a great 2017 everyone!