I am a woman in my mid thirties who has the following going on in her life:
- Mother of a teenage boy diagnosed with ADHD, OCD and recently, ASD (Asperger's). He has recently been accepted into a high school autism program which I am extremely thankful for.
- I work full time as an Office Manager/Executive Assistant in a small Toronto accounting office. I have been here for 6 years.
- I am taking courses online through Athabasca University to complete my Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting. I am two courses away from having the courses required for the University Accounting Certificate and once that is complete I will tackle the University Advanced Accounting Certificate.
- I am a student councilor for Athabasca University's Student Union. I sit on two of their committees, Finance and Media.
- I have been married twice, divorced twice, and am currently in a common law relationship with a man who finally makes every day brighter. We have been together almost 7 years now, longer than either of my marriages lasted...
- I used to be very thin, actually I was anorexic, but thanks to my recent PCOS diagnosis, my weight fluctuates up and down constantly. I probably haven't been under 150 pounds since I hit my thirties.
- I love to start knitting and crocheting projects, but I rarely finish them.
- I love to buy and read books, but I probably buy 10 books for every 1 I read.
- My 20-something sister is currently living with me and also going to Athabasca University. She is doing it as a full time funded student however and working on her Bachelor of Management.
- We have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and a guinea pig currently sharing our home with us.
- I used to write, mostly horror, but I don't have much time to do that any more.
- I read and review mostly YA books over on another blog.
- I'm currently planning my first "real" vacation with my partner. I am pretty excited about this!
- I was accepted to be a team member for the upcoming CMA Board Case Competition in Alberta.
- I am sure there is more I am forgetting...but I think you get this gist of it...
So anyhow...the point of all that above rambling was just to get to the fact that I am a very busy person...it was seriously getting to the point where I wasn't sleeping or eating much anymore. It was just work work work (in some form or another).
So...I had a mini breakdown, and together with the other half decided some thing(s) had to go. Unfortunately the CMA Case was one of the first things to go. It required the most additional work at the time, and there is always the opportunity to try out for the team next year. Just letting that one thing slide out of my hands brought so much relief it wasn't even funny. I knew right away by the change in my stress levels that I had made the right decision. It still saddens me, but I know it was the right thing to do for me at this point in my life.
Since making that decision Sunday I immediately poured myself back into my studies to try to catch up to the point I should be at. I am currently enrolled in two courses, PHIL252 - Critical Thinking and ENGL305 - Literature for Children. I have to have Critical Thinking completed by the end of January. This means I have to focus focus focus!
Here is what my nights currently look like when working on Critical Thinking...
Regarding Literature for Children... I have started reading from the study guide, but not the actual novels yet...the pile of reading I will need to do is slightly intimidating...
So yeah...I better get on that...like pronto...